Daily breakfast smoothie

/
2 Comments
For the last 3 months or so, excluding my time in America, I've been having this smoothie for breakfast instead of cereal or toast and I'm still not bored of it.

Not only does it leave me fuller for longer, but it's also much more nutritional and generally enjoyable to have, and is so simple to make.

I'd usually add a scoop of unflavoured protein powder to this smoothie so I've included that in the recipe, but at the moment I've ran out of the one I was using and so I'm making it without, but it's just as delicious and satisfying.

Also, I use a regular blender but you can use whatever type blender you like or have to hand.

To make one serving you'll need:

- 1 spoonful of peanut butter (I use crunchy but whichever you prefer)
- 1 banana
- A handful of strawberries (I usually use around 6)
- Ice cubes (Again, I tend to use 6)
- Water (I always do around the same amount as shown in the image below - I have no idea how much this actually measures to but just do it by eye depending on how runny you want it to be)
- Optional - 1 scoop of unflavoured protein powder 

To make 2 servings, simply double the ingredients, and so on for more. 





I always add the water to the blender first, followed by the ice cubes. 

I then pull the stems off the top of strawberries and throw them in whole.

I peel the banana and break it in to pieces using my hands and toss that in, along with a generous spoonful of crunchy peanut butter. I actually use Tesco value crunchy peanut butter and I find it delicious! 

Then of course, I lick the spoon clean.

I then pop the lid on the blender and blitz on full blast for about 10 seconds. I then tend to turn the blender down to a lower speed for another 10 seconds or so.

You're left with a perfectly blended, rosy red, delicious looking smoothie for one.

I always use this cup that I bought from Primark just because it is the perfect size for this serving of smoothie, but you can just use any large, tall glass.

Pop in a straw, or two, and enjoy!




You may also like

2 comments :

  1. I always start my mornings with a smoothie too and I always feel so good afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.