To Me, From Me

/
0 Comments
I recently received my first 'supervisor pay', and so I thought I would treat myself for my hard work so far. Conveniently, it's also my Graduation for my Sociology degree this Friday and so that also worked as a brilliant excuse for a present to myself.

At the weekend before last I was shopping with my Grandma in House of Fraser in Manchester and knew that I was on the hunt for the perfect coat. I didn't intend to buy anything but I just wanted to see if my dream one actually existed. I own a super cheap camel coat from the high street, which is nice, but I've only had it a couple of months and it's bobbling already and showing it's value (or lack of), and so I thought that the next coat I buy will be a great quality, timeless piece that will last for years.

Anyway, we stumbled across the Jaeger section and I instantly saw and fell in love with this dreamy wrap-over number, in a rich shade of not quite camel, not quite brown - 'conker', as they had named it. I tried it on and sighed in love. It was perfect, but I put it back and moved on.

Days passed and I couldn't get it out of my mind, persistently swooning over it on the website. I knew it was fate when the following Wednesday I passed the window of the Chester store Jaeger, just a few doors down from where I work, and there the coat was, pride of place. To sweeten the deal even more there was an incredible offer on in store at the time, and so I headed in. I tried it on one last time and with the push of all the sales assistants remarking how gorgeous it looked on, I said 'I'll take it'.


 The sales assistant wrapped it up nicely in the huge bag and off I trotted, feeling happy as larry.




The pictures don't do how beautiful it is in real life. The wool feels heavenly to the touch, and the lining is the silkiest thing against your skin. It also has deep pockets that are perfect for keeping your hands warm and carrying your phone etc. in - something my cheap coat lacks. I'm so in love with the wrap style with the tie-up belt and just think it looks so effortlessly chic. I also really like how it's a deeper colour than most camel-toned coats in the stores right now, which makes it a little more unique. 

I've worn it out once to dinner and once into town now and have received multiple compliments on it already. I'm so pleased with it and really believe it's a great investment for this time of year, and will last me for years to come keeping me warm but also stylish. 

I would add some swishy, posey pictures of me looking into the distance wearing it, but I haven't quite reached that stage of blogging yet...



You may also like

No comments :

Powered by Blogger.